Morocco (Camping) Plateau du Rekkam, Sahara Desert and Atlas Mountains 15th April to 2nd May 2021
The route shown below is for presentation purposes only and may deviate from the actual route taken on the tour.
15-04-2021 to 02-05-2021 (18 days in total)
Wild camping in the empty quarter, Sahara and Atlas Mountains.
This tour is fully booked but if you would like to be notified of a place becoming available, please let us know using the form below and we will add you to the reserve list.
Being a new route that we have not done before in its entirety, we are classing it as a “recce” and the significantly reduced price reflects that. This tour is a real adventure because, having not done it before, we don’t know what we are going to encounter, which makes it very exciting.
7th: Sail Portsmouth to Santander 10.15 PM need to be checked in at least 90 mins before sailing, [this is a new sailing time for 2021]
8th: On the ferry all day, as it calls into France for a re-stock and crew change
9th: Santander 8.00 AM arrival and off the ship to Almendralejo [Hotel £60 approx], 8hrs 666KM
10th: Almendralejo to Algeciras catch the early afternoon ferry 4hrs 343KM, and head for Chefchaouen [Hotel £60 approx] or campsite. 3 hrs approx. from Tangers med to Chefchaouen 125KM
11th: Chefchaouen to Al Hoceima on the coast wild/campsite?
12th: Al Hoceima to Oujda [Algeria border]
13th: Plateau du Rekkam wild camping
14th: Col de Belkassem into Rekkam Boudnib Campsite for some great food and a shower
15th: Boudnib to Erfoud campsite
16th: Erfoud onwards wild camping
17th: Wild camping
18th: Wild camping
19th: Ouarzazate campsite?
20th: Ouzoud wild camping
21st: Ouzoud to Tangers Med/ Gibraltar
22nd: Gibraltar to Salamanca
23rd: Salamanca to Santander
24th: Santander to Portsmouth Ferry
What you will need.
- 1949 IDP (for Spain) & 1968 IDP (for France) international driving licenses.
- European Assistance (breakdown cover) for your vehicle.
- Holiday, vehicle and medical insurance to include repatriation. Make sure you obtain proof of insurance from your insurance company (third-party vehicle insurance can be purchased in Morocco at the port).
- Original V5 & MOT Certificate.
- If your vehicle is owned by your company, you must have written proof from the company that you are permitted to use it on your holiday.
- European travel kit.
- Spares for your vehicle. For example: Universal joints, fuel filter, air filter, drive belt, oils for transmission and differentials, and any known item that is known to be a problem with your vehicle model.
- If on a camping holiday you must have a good quality roof or ground tent, all-season sleeping bag, all-weather clothing, cooking equipment, fridge or cool-box (please consider power consumption, cool boxes can be high consumption, so your vehicle electrics must be able to cope. Contact us for advice.). We can hire tents, please inquire by using the form below.
- Even if on a hotel holiday, we often stop in the mountains for lunch, so table and chairs and warm clothing is recomended.
What we carry.
- SPOT emergency tracker response rescue unit.
- Spare fuel and water.
- Hand-held radios (CB radios are illegal in Morocco, so they must be disconnected and arial removed before customs).
- Tools and diagnostics for Land Rovers and Jeeps.
- Recovery equipment.
- Puncture repair kit and air compressor.
For the latest foreign travel advice please visit: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice.
Got any questions? Please ask!