Cathare Trail (Camping) 7th to 15th August 2021
07-08-2021 to 15-08-2021 (9 days in total)
The route shown below is for presentation purposes only and may deviate from the actual route taken on the tour.
A camping trail through the Languedoc region of France.
Places Available: 2
Please read the tour preparation notes and ask any questions using the form below if there is anything you are uncertain about.
The displayed price is for 1 vehicle and 2 persons. If you need to make arrangements for additional persons, irrespective of age, please contact us using the form below.
If paying by deposit option, the balance must be paid before the 06-04-2021.
7th, 7am ferry drive to Limoges hotel overnight.
8th Limoges to Foix, to start on the Cathare trail through the Languedoc region, “Pays Cathare”
9th Leave Foix and start exploring on the trail that takes us through a stunning area at the foothills of the Pyrenees, visiting Castles and Mediaeval towns and villages along the way.
I expect it to take us to the 13th in fact Friday the 13th is part of French medieval folklore!
Friday evening of the 13th we aim to spend the evening in Carcassonne one of the best fortified Cites in France where Robin Hood Princess of Thieves was filmed.
14th Carcassonne to Orleans?
15th Orleans to Calais and homeward bound.
Costs £650 Ardventures , 1 vehicle 2 persons , including campsites
50% deposit on booking 50% 6 weeks before start date
On top cost of Dover /Calais Ferry return
Hotels where/if used???
4/5 vehicles max plus guide vehicle, we have tents available for hire if required.
Remember recces are great fun and fluid, as we will have to see how we go! Not a technical route
No problems if you want to spend more time in France either side of the trek
To book email email@example.com
What you will need.
- 1949 IDP (for Spain) & 1968 IDP (for France) international driving licenses.
- European Assistance (breakdown cover) for your vehicle.
- Holiday, vehicle and medical insurance to include repatriation. Make sure you obtain proof of insurance from your insurance company.
- Original V5 & MOT Certificate.
- If your vehicle is owned by your company, you must have written proof from the company that you are permitted to use it on your holiday.
- European travel kit.
- Spares for your vehicle. For example: Universal joints, fuel filter, air filter, drive belt, oils for transmission and differentials, and any known item that is known to be a problem with your vehicle model.
- If on a camping holiday you must have a good quality roof or ground tent, all-season sleeping bag, all-weather clothing, cooking equipment, fridge or cool-box (please consider power consumption, cool boxes can be high consumption, so your vehicle electrics must be able to cope. Contact us for advice.). We can hire tents, please inquire by using the form below.
- Even if on a hotel holiday, we often stop in the mountains for lunch, so table and chairs and warm clothing is recomended.
What we carry.
- SPOT emergency tracker response rescue unit.
- Spare fuel and water.
- Tools and diagnostics for Land Rovers and Jeeps.
- Recovery equipment.
- Puncture repair kit and air compressor.
For the latest foreign travel advice please visit: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice.
Got any questions? Please ask!