Galicia in Winter (Hotels) 3rd to 13th February 2022
03-02-2022 to 13-02-2022 (11 days in total)
The route shown below is for presentation purposes only and may deviate from the actual route taken on the tour.
Galicia, Northern Spain, hotels-based winter 4×4 holiday.
Places Available: 5
Please read the tour preparation notes and ask any questions using the form below if there is anything you are uncertain about.
The displayed price is for 1 vehicle and 2 persons. If you need to make arrangements for additional persons, irrespective of age, please contact us using the form below.
This tour is no longer eligible to be booked by paying a deposit because the balance due date of 12-01-2021 has expired. You can still book the tour and pay the full amount.
3rd of Feb Sail 10.15 PM Portsmouth / Santander
4th of Feb on the ferry all day
5th of Feb arrive 8.00 AM Santander and travel to Ourense 350 miles 7 hrs on empty motorways no tolls
6th of Feb the adventure starts and we are off into the mountains
7th of Feb the next 5 days are spent in remote areas
8th of Feb Stunning scenery , beautiful villages and hotels
9th of Feb Galician food and drink!!!
10th of Feb Travel back in time
11th of Feb Amazing tracks
12th of Feb Sail from Santander to UK on cruise ship Galicia 3PM
13th of Feb Arrive back in the UK 8PM
Please note we start the trek around 9.30 and finish the day around 5.30 to 6.00 because the Spanish eat late, and some restaurants do not open until 9PM
Budget around 20 euros per person per day food and drink it is very inexpensive
Technical driving 3 out of 5 depending on the weather
Total mileage in Spain 1,400 approx.
What you will need.
- 1949 IDP (for Spain) & 1968 IDP (for France) international driving licenses.
- European Assistance (breakdown cover) for your vehicle.
- Holiday, vehicle and medical insurance to include repatriation. Make sure you obtain proof of insurance from your insurance company.
- Original V5 & MOT Certificate.
- If your vehicle is owned by your company, you must have written proof from the company that you are permitted to use it on your holiday.
- European travel kit.
- Spares for your vehicle. For example: Universal joints, fuel filter, air filter, drive belt, oils for transmission and differentials, and any known item that is known to be a problem with your vehicle model.
- If on a camping holiday you must have a good quality roof or ground tent, all-season sleeping bag, all-weather clothing, cooking equipment, fridge or cool-box (please consider power consumption, cool boxes can be high consumption, so your vehicle electrics must be able to cope. Contact us for advice.). We can hire tents, please inquire by using the form below.
- Even if on a hotel holiday, we often stop in the mountains for lunch, so table and chairs and warm clothing is recomended.
What we carry.
- SPOT emergency tracker response rescue unit.
- Spare fuel and water.
- Tools and diagnostics for Land Rovers and Jeeps.
- Recovery equipment.
- Puncture repair kit and air compressor.
For the latest foreign travel advice please visit: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice.
Got any questions? Please ask!